The new ZTE Axon 7 comes loaded with the hardware that is needed to deliver these services, and it does so at a price that is more affordable than the perennial top two in the smartphone segment, Apple and Samsung.
This dual SIM, unlocked Android phone looks great, and more importantly, the powerful specs it has inside can go toe to toe with the Samsung Galaxy S7 and forthcoming iPhone 7, and hold its own.
The 2.2GHz quad-core Snapdragon 820 processor is the same that’s used in other flagships, and it clocked in some of the highest benchmark results we’ve seen. In fact, it was on par with the Samsung Galaxy S7 on our 3DMark Ice Storm Unlimited test, as well as both Geekbench 3 tests. It also edged out the HTC 10, the G5 and the Google Nexus 6P.
Some of the specs for the Axon 7 include:
- Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 processor
- 5″ 2K AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 1440 x 2560 pixels (538 ppi pixel density) and Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- Internal memory of 64 GB with 4 GB RAM or 128 GB with 6 GB RAM, card slot can add 128 GB of external storage with microSD
- Primary camera with 20 MP, f/1.8, phase detection autofocus, OIS, dual-LED (dual tone) flash and secondary 8MP camera.
- Video with 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30fps, 720p@240fps
- Dual Speakers with playback codecs of Dolby Atmos and Dolby Digital Plus (7+1 Surround Sound)
- Connectivity includes, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth v4.2, A2DP, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, NFC and USB with v3.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Battery is a non-removable Li-Ion 3140 mAh with up to 16 hours of talk time in (3G) and 360 hours of standby (3G)
- Android OS, v6.0.1 (Marshmallow), but it will get Android N
Here is also an in-depth written review of the Axon 7 by Lynn La of CNET: http://www.cnet.com/products/zte-axon-7/