Zidoo is introducing another low cost 4K Android TV box to their lineup.
The Zidoo X1 II is powered by Rockchip RK3229 with HDMI 2.0 interface which allows 4K resolutions with up to 60fps and hardware decoding of H.264 / H265 codecs with 10-bit color format. It also noted that the device supports HD Audio (7.1CH) passthrough.
Zidoo X1 II integrates onboard 1GB of RAM, 8GB of storage, WiFI b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.0. For connectivity it includes, microSD slot, 2 USB 2.0 ports, A/V out, HDMI 2.0 (4K*2K@60fps) and an RJ45 10/100.
The Zidoo X1 II is available for pre-order via Geekbuying for 49USD with free shipping.
Zidoo is holding a free Zidoo X1 II giveaway.
Rockchip RK3229 specifications
- CPU- Quad Core ARM Cortex A7 @ 1.5 GHz
- GPU – ARM Mali-400MP2
- Memory I/F – DDR3-1866/LPDDR3-1333
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 1.4/2.2 + CVBS
- Video Codec – 4K2K 10-bit H.265 @ 60 fps (Up to 200 Mbps), 4K 10-bit H.264 @ 30 fps (Up to 250 Mbps) and 4K 8-bit VP9 @ 30 fps (Up to 200 Mbps)
- Video Encoder – 1080p H.264 and VP8
- Ethernet – 100Mbps (PHY)
- Audio Codec – Yes
- DRM – Widewine Level 1, PlayReady, Verimatrix
RK3229 specifications via cnx-software.com