Zidoo started the mass production of their latest Android TV media box the Zidoo X6 Pro, previously called Zidoo X6. Retail price is 99USD including free shipping, shipments are expected end of September.
The device is powered by latest Rockhip RK3368 octa-core 64bit processor and PowerVR G6110 GPU which promises to support 4K@60fps, H.265, 3D BD-ISO , 7.1 pass-through audio (including DTS-HD MA and TrueHD).
Zidoo X6 specifications:
- Rockchip RK3368 octa core Cortex A53 processor @ 1.5GHz (or is it 1.2GHz?) with PowerVR G6110 GPU
- System Memory: 2GB DDR3
- Storage: 16GB flash (Meta). micro SD card slot up to 32GB
- Video Output: HDMI 2.0 up to 4K @ 60Hz with CEC and7.1CH pass-through support, 3.5mm AV jack (Composite shared with stereo audio)
- Audio Output: HDMI, AV (stereo), optical S/PDIF
- Connectivity: Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11 a/b/g/n + 802.11ac (AP6335 module), Bluetooth 4.0
- 2 x USB 2.0 ports (including one that supports OTG)
The Zidoo X6 Pro will be running Android 5.1.1 and the manufacturer has also released their source modifications for Kodi (thumbs up for Zidoo).
Zidoo Kodi repository for Rrockchip RK3368 platform:
Kodi forum post:
Zidoo X6 Pro is available for pre-order from Geekbuying for 99USD incl. shipping:
Zidoo X6 Pro product page:
Zidoo X6 Pro running Android 5.1.1: