While the Cube i7 hybrid tablet enjoyed a lot of positive feedback from the buyers, its $581 retail price was prohibitive. Trying to make Core-M tablets affordable to all buyers, Cube recently released a budget version of the i7, and named it the i7-CM.
Priced at only $399, the Cube i7-CM is arguably the cheapest Core-M powered tablet to date.
Although the internal storage has been cut down to 64GB, the i7-CM still features an SSD SATA3 drive, much better than the eMMc storage used in PIPO’s RMB2699 ($435) Core-M tablet. Unlike the original Cube i7, which supports both TDD-LTE and FDD-LTE 4G networks, the i7-CM only supports 3G network (WCDMA/GSM). What we really want to address here is that the i7-CM doesn’t come with a licensed Windows 8.1 OS like the original i7 does, instead it runs Ubuntu OS or a trail version of Windows 8.1 on top.
Except for the internal storage and cellular network support, everything else about the i7-CM is identical to that of the original i7, which means you still get a sturdy and premium metal chassis, a beefy 14nm Intel Core-M 5Y10c dual-core CPU, an embedded Intel HD Graphics 5300 GPU, 4GB DDR3L RAM, a stunning 11.6-inch IPS display at the resolution of 1920*1080, a two-cell 7.4V 5000mAh battery and dual cameras.
The i7-CM offers equally as many connectivity options as the original i7, you get a Micro USB 3.0 port, a 3.5mm audio jack, a Micro HDMI port, a Micro SD card slot and a Micro SIM card slot.
The i7-CM is priced at $399 and can be purchased from Cube’s official website (English): http://www.51cube.com/en/Default.asp
Cube i7-CM Main Specs:
• OS: Windows 8.1 with Bing (64-bit, trail version) / Ubuntu
• Screen: 11.6-inch IPS, 10-point multi-touch, IGZO
• Display Resolution: 1920 x 1080 (16:9)
• CPU: Intel Broadwell Core-M 5Y10c
• CPU Frequency: 0.8GHz (Base clock) – 2.0GHZ (Turbo clock)
• GPU: Intel HD Graphics 5300
• RAM / Storage: 4GB DDR3L / 64GB SSD
• Function: WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, 3G, USB Host, HDMI
• WiFi: 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi hotspot
• GSM: 900/1800MHZ
• WCDMA: 900/2100MHZ
• Camera: 5MP back camera, 2MP front camera
• Battery: 7.4V – 5,000mAh, two cell
• Ports: Micro SD Card Slot, Micro USB 3.0 Port, Micro SIM Card Slot, 3.5mm Headphone Jack, DC Charging Port
• Size: 297*180*9.1mm, Weight: 840g