The first batch of IPPLI ip.i9 (RK3288) runs on a factory firmware without support for Google Play, as shown in our unboxing video.
The company has now released a new firmware (K5_RK3288_Public_140912) with Google Play support.
Firmware image: K5_RK3288_Public_140912.7z 262.4 MB
Upgrade tool: FactoryTool_v1.31.7z
Quick upgrade guide
- Download and extract the firmware image and upgrade tool on your Windows PC
- Start the upgrade tool (FactoryTool.exe), change language to English by clicking the globe icon on top
- Still in (FactoryTool.exe) load the firmware image file by clicking the Firmware button
- Plug the AC power adapter to ip.i9
- Connect the upgrade USB cable (with full USB plugs on both ends) to ip.i9 ONLY!
- Press and hold the Recovery button (located under the USB OTG port) using a paper clip
- Connect the upgrade USB cable to PC while still holding the Recovery button, device will now boot into recovery mode
- If you do not have USB drivers installed you will get prompted to install, point to FactoryTool_v1.31/Driver
- Once the drivers are successfully installed, on the upgrade tool press the big RED button to start flashing the image file
- Once the upgrade is done, disconnect the ip.i9 from PC, connect to TV and boot to finish the upgrade process