Follow instructions bellow to gain root access on iFive mini3GS.
Make sure your device is running firmware version 1.0.9, if not run OTA upgrade via Settings > About tablet >System updates.
- Download and copy the update.zip to the root of an empty SD card.
- Power off the device.
- Insert the SD card.
- Press and hold the Power + Right Volume button to boot into recovery menu.
- When you see Android with belly up, press Power button to enter menu.
- Navigate to “apply update from sdcard” by pressing the Left Volume button and select with Right Volume button.
- Select update.zip and press Right Volume button to run the update script.
- When done you will see “Install from sdcard complete.”
- Press Right Volume button to reboot system.
- You should now have SuperSU app installed on your device.